- Love the interface. It’s easy to navigate and write content. It’s clean and simple.
- The speed is amazing. I find that writing/editing in the browser can be sluggish at times. Then again, it could be my web host.
- Near realtime saving while composing.
- Word count. Sometimes it’s nice to know!
- By having a separate app, I’m not as distracted as I am while using a browser.
- Is there a spell check? If there is, I can’t find it.
- I had an issue with categories. No matter what I did, I couldn’t get the category that I wanted and it would always revert back to “uncategorized”.
- What if I manage multiple WordPress sites? Well, it looks like only one WordPress.com login is allowed. It would be nice if you could manually add sites like you can on the iOS app.
- Still need an internet connection to use. Back to Evernote to write my drafts and then painstakingly copy, paste, and edit to get the formatting right.
- Can’t right click while editing text.
- Breaks in the app don’t always result in breaks in the finished post. For example, if I do a hard return in the app, that doesn’t ensure there will be a new paragraph in the post.
In the end, I’ll continue giving it a try and I have high hopes that it will get better. Unfortunately, I still need to use the web browser to update the post categories and some of the formatting prior to posting.
UPDATE: Since drafting this post, there was an update to the app and the category issue seems to be resolved! Still no spellcheck that I can find.
Photo Attribution: pixabay