As I write this, I’m in a hotel room in Minneapolis enjoying a very bitter and unfulfilling cup of instant coffee. Regardless, it’s been awhile since I’ve kicked off a weekly review and I thought I would continue but also get into more of a routine of doing this. Hopefully, you like them.
- Driving Change With Marc Kermisch, The CIO Of Redwing Shoes [Video] – One of my past mentors shares his views on The Phoenix Project, “work life balance”, and some other neat tidbits about being a CIO.
- There’s a Hidden Conveyor Belt Under the Capitol That Was Just for Moving Books [Article] – A piece of history that may be lost forever… I wonder what else is buried below.
- How To Turn Your Mac Into A WiFi Hotspot [Article] – Sometimes, you need to extend the wifi that you’re laptop is connected to – hotels, campgrounds, airports, etc.
- San Jose’s Garbage Trucks May Do Police Surveillance With License Plate Readers [Article] – Sneaky, sneaky big brother. These were a hit in Minneapolis too… Minneapolis cops captured data on 805,000 license plates in June alone, and 4.9 million so far this year. – Star Tribune
- 100 DAYS WITHOUT FEAR: A DAILY VIDEO EXPERIMENT [Video] – There’s always room for us to grow as individuals.