Yes, I have higher expectations…
Since I joined LinkedIn, I’ve noticed a few things about how folks interact, connect, and use the platform. Today, I’m on a rant (constructive criticism and feedback) about the recruiters that are using LinkedIn and connecting with me.
Don’t get me wrong, recruiters have their purpose and I have had good experiences in the past as a hiring manager when trying to fill positions. As of late, there have been quite a few trying to connect with me on LinkedIn and to be honest, I’ve been rejecting quite a few requests.
As I stated above, I have higher expectations… Especially when recruiters are connecting with me on LinkedIn.
As a recruiter, you should:
have a profile picture
- Not a logo
- Not a picture of you and someone else
- Not a selfie, a picture of you driving, or a picture of you in your living room
introduce yourself with a custom message
- Please don’t just hit connect and use the “I’d like to connect with you on LinkedIn.” verbiage
- Take a minute or two to send a customer message. Here’s how – Personalizing Invitations to Connect
have a detailed profile
- If you’re looking for someone with experience, so are we. Build out your profile and put your experience on there