Here my my first impressions of the new model:
- The new form factor is awesome! It’s like an elite book.
- The screen clarity is phenomenal.
- Optical drive is gone.
- No more spinning platters.
- USB 3.0
- The RAM is soldered. You’re stuck with what you have.
- It took Apple way too long to build and ship (due to the 16GB upgrade).
- No battery indicator.
- They removed “MacBook Pro” from the bottom of the screen.
- I liked the circular aluminum power button. Now it’s just another black plastic button on the keyboard.
- The new power connector – indifferent.
- This one is interesting… Now that the laptop is lighter, opening the lid can cause the whole body to come with it. Before, there was enough weight to open the lid and the bottom would stay put.