What is your definition of location independence?
As many of my responses, it’s going to be another bulleted list.
- Having the ability to boot up a laptop and work from anywhere with an internet connection or cell phone signal
- Being able to take action and respond using a mobile device
- Giving the perception that you’re responsive and engaged even if you’re in a different time zone
- Having the option to work from anywhere!
In order to be able to be location independent you’ll need processes and tools in place to enable you to do this. Some of my favorite tools are:
- iPhone5/iPad Mini/MacBook Pro 13”
- Tethering from the iPhone allows me to connect to the internet on any of the above devices
- Dropbox and Google Drive to share documents
- Google Hangouts to video chat
- Google Voice to make free US calls
- Evernote to have all of my notes in the cloud. They are also searchable
- Hootsuite to schedule social media updates
- Asana for project management
I’m sure there are a ton more but this is what I could quickly rattle off. Sounds like I need to write another blog post explaining all of this fun stuff!