After reading numerous articles on Lifehacker, twitter, and other sources I finally decided to take the plunge and spend the $2.99 to get Sparrow for iPhone. After completing the installation I of course had to enter all of my account information, which is a pain, and decided to only test out a few of my accounts (3/7). Here’s what I think.
- Integrates with Gmail – labels, address book, profile pictures, and more!
- Grabs profile pictures from Facebook. However, I have this turned off. Sparrow doesn’t need to know all of my personal information and the pictures aren’t that important to me.
- Adds “profile” (icons) pictures for known applications. For example, LinkedIn has the LinkedIn icon when there is a mail from them. This makes sorting through email even easier.
- A different signature for each email account. Have a personal and business email account? You can finally have a different signature for each.
- Swipe gestures and other useful shortcuts.
- Worth the $2.99!
- Lack of landscape mode
- No iPad version – yet?
Dislikes (for others but don’t impact me)
- No support for POP accounts.
- No push notifications
Never Heard of Sparrow?
[vimeo http://vimeo.com/38446345 w=580]
Image Source: http://www.maxiapple.com