This week’s Follow Friday recipient is…
Buffer makes your life easier with a smarter way to schedule the great content you find. Fill up your Buffer at one time in the day and Buffer automagically posts them for you through the day. Simply keep that Buffer topped up to have a consistent social media presence all day round, all week long.
What do I use Buffer for?
- Updating Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn – I’m able to pick which social site to update. For example, I usually update Twitter and Facebook at the same time. Example 1
- Updating the above social media sites all at once and right away.
- “Scheduling updates”. With Buffer you have the ability to set an update schedule – 4 different time a day for each. I can write something in the morning and update my social media sites after it’s published Example 2
- Queuing multiple updates.
- Analytics – track when and how my links were clicked. You can do this with Buffer or with bit.ly, if you use it. Examples 3 & 4
- Webapp and iOS application – I can use Buffer while staring at the computer or while on the go!
- Google Chrome extension – make sharing articles even easier
Other Things to Note
- I currently use the free version. However, I have contemplated the paid version since you can add multiple Twitter and Facebook accounts. Workaround – create another account. I do this for Dented Box.
- My favorite feature! When updating Facebook with a link it shows up correctly – Facebook parses the update and adds the appropriate picture. I used to use RSS Graffiti and it didn’t include the image. Great feature!