- Turn a $10 Flashlight into a $95 Flashlight with a New Bulb [Video] – Turn a $4 Eveready flashlight into a $90 tactical flashlight. Total cost: $10!
- Use Sugar Cubes to Grind Logos Off Your Gear [Video] – Do you ever get those swag gifts at trade shows or conventions. Did you know you can use a sugar cube to take off the company logos?
- Google Teams Up With Twitter And SayNow To Bring Tweeting-By-Phone To Egypt [Article] – Even though Egypt turned off all of their data services they were still able to use the phone system. Google and Twitter found a way for the people to still get the message out!
- Backup Service Mozy Drops Unlimited Plan [Article] – I guess storgage is becoming too expensive or Mozy is looking to make a few more bucks. If you’re in the market for an unlimited plan head on over to CrashPlan (local Minneapolis company) or even Carbonite. If you’re looking at creating your own local cloud with some of your extra external harddrives, you can alway try PogoPlug.
- 7 Tips for Building a Successful Team of Freelancers [Article] – Here are some things to keep in mind if you’re trying to go virtual or are working with a virtual team.
The landscape of the workforce is changing. According to Freelancers Union, a non-profit advocacy organization, approximately 30 percent of the U.S. job market today consists of independent workers: consultants, freelancers, temps, and independent workers. By the end of the decade, this figure is expected to reach 40 percent.