- How a smartphone camera can cut fuel costs 20% at rush hour [Article] – What if there was a way to avoid all of those red lights and coast on through the greens? Well, your smartphone might be able to help out. Just keep in mind that this isn’t 100% proven yet.
- Thermaltake External USB Fan [Gadget] – Total nerd moment but I totally want one of these for my desk! I guess I could easily make one…
- Tool Review: Brinno Time Lapse Camera [Article and Video] – “Cheap” and could be super fun. If I lived on the East coast I would totally get one to watch Irene.
- Graft Concepts’ fancy Leverage iPhone case is probably fancier than your fancy case [Video] – Very neat but too expensive for me!
- Trailblazer Gary Vaynerchuk Retires From Daily Wine Videos [Video] – Sad but also very exciting for Gary. Good luck Gary!
- Evernote for iOS Gets New UI, Adds Shared Bookmarks and Improved Text Formatting [Article] – This was a huge update. Finally, bulleted lists!
Archives for August 2011
- A List QR Code Generators [Article] – Are you looking for a list of QR code generators? Glad you asked… Here’s a great list!
- How Can I Start and Shut Down My Computer Automatically on a Schedule? [Article]- Do you work on a consistant schedule? Would you like it if your computer turned on and off at a desire time? If you answered yes then this is for you.
- revolights. join the revolution. [Video] – This has to be the greatest mod for a bike (bicycle) that I have ever seen. Pratical, smart, and super cool!
- Watch a Competitive Lockpicker Who Truly Loves Locks Talk About Locks [Video] – Well then… There’s such a thing a competitive lock picking. Neat!
- Miniature Time-Lapse Portrait of Chicago [Video] – I recently went to Chicago with my wife and I wish we got to see the city like this!
UPDATE (2015/10/26): Unfortunately, the plugin referenced below has been deprecated and is no longer available.
WordPress doesn’t have this option by default but it’s very easy to implement and use…
Process if you don’t have the images uploaded
- Install the “Multiple Galleries” plugin
- Create/open the respective post
- Upload/Insert an Image (icon above the unordered list button)
- Select your images
- Save changes
- Choose your Gallery Settings, select (using checkboxes) the new pictures you just uploaded, and Insert Gallery
Process if your images are already uploaded
If your images are already uploaded you can follow the same steps as above with one exception: you don’t need to upload your pictures 🙂 Simply create your galleries and use the checkboxes to define which pictures you want in each gallery.
- Next Generation 911 Will Support Text, Photos, Video, And Data [Article] – The 911 system is now changing with the times. “The service won’t roll out for another five to ten years, but in the meantime dialing 911 will do just fine.”
- This Must Be One Of Those Hungarian Baths Everyone Is Talking About [Video] – “You know you’re a redneck when…”?
- Mad Man Builds Ridiculously Cool 40-inch iPhone [Video] – Insanely awesome! It’s just a TV with a hackintosh but it’s still really neat!
- LinkedIn changes social ads in response to gripes [Article] – Dear LinkedIn, do no follow in Facebook’s footsteps. Be innovative and do your own thing.
- TinyChat iPhone App Lets You Video Chat With Up To 12 Facebook Friends [Video] – This app, if it takes off, could replace Skype, FaceTime, and more. I’m still a little leery about using my Facebook account to log into everything…
- How They Got All Those iPads on iPad Head Girl’s Head [Video] – After watching this I’m now not that impressed with the other video…
- Facebook gets into texting game with Facebook Messenger [Article] – Basically it’s an app that sends push notifications every time you get a Facebook message. You could do the same thing with Boxcar.
- I Am Jonathan’s Starbucks Card: A Social Payment Experiment (With Free Coffee) [Article] – Want free Starbucks? Mount Jonathan’s card to your Starbucks app and check the balance.
- Black Hat hackers demo Square card skimmer, feed it stolen credit card numbers [Article] – I’ve been going back and forth on this issue but long story short, don’t give your credit card to someone that you don’t trust. Also, what do you think could happen when your host/hostess at your local restaurant takes your credit card to pay for your recent meal…?
- Mobile Mason-Dixon: Android in South, iOS in North [Article] – Does your state prefer iOS or Android. Wohoo for iOS!
- New technology connects the iPad with the cockpit [Article] – Super cool! I love the use of new technology but at the same time, what happens when that technology fails? After learning a little bit more about planes the other night from a good friend this sounds like a good step up from some of the current avionics.
- Facebook Now Wants to Put Ads In Your Personal Feed (Updated) [Article] – Ready, set, go, and start complaining! WAIT! Do you pay for Facebook? No? Then don’t complain.
- Is Target Dropping iPhone Prices In Preparation for the iPhone 5? [Article] – No clue if this is true but if it is and you’re looking for an upgrade this is a deal for you!
- iPad Head Girl” walks around NYC to promote Hearst’s first iPad only magazine [Video] – Just… Weird…
- Man Creates an Enormous Beard out of Thin Air [Video] – Have you ever had “fun with facial hair” week at work? This guy takes it to the extreme and created an awesome video to show his creativity.