UPDATE: Unfortunately, most of these links no longer work… Sorry!
If you’re like me you may have waited until after work or even school to download the latest iPhone OS. You might also be a little disappointed like me in the download times for the 378MB file. First, DON’T DOWNLOAD FROM iTUNES! – It takes way too long! Try downloading it directly from Apple (links below).
|current version||date found|
|iPhone (iPhone1,1)||3.1.3 (7E18)||04/08/2010 21:05:48|
|iPhone 3G (iPhone1,2)||4.0 (8A293)||06/21/2010 13:03:02|
|iPhone 3GS (iPhone2,1)||4.0 (8A293)||06/21/2010 13:03:03|
|iPod Touch (2G) (iPod2,1)||4.0 (8A293)||06/21/2010 13:03:04|
|iPod Touch (3G) (iPod3,1)||4.0 (8A293)||06/21/2010 13:03:05|
|iPad (iPad1,1)||3.2 (7B367)||04/08/2010 21:05:48|
|iPhone 4 (iPhone3,1)||4.0 (8A293)||06/21/2010 13:03:06|
|last updated: 06/21/2010 13:15:01 EDT. SOURCE: http://bit.ly/9LCSAt|
If you need help with installing the above software package you can reference another blog post of mine.
So… What’s new?
- Unified Inbox
- Threaded Email
- Gmail Archive (instead of delete)
- Integrated Spell Checker
- Custom Home Screen Wallpapers
- Digital Zoom w/ Camera (5x)
- Bluetooth Keyboard Support
- Search Yahoo or Bing vs. Google
- New Contact UI when Editing
- and much MORE!
- The New iOS4 Shortcuts, Features, and Settings You Need to Know (Lifehacker)
- The Complete Guide to Using iOS 4 (Gizmodo)
- It is here: Apple ships iOS4 — go get it! (9to5 Mac)
- Ars reviews iOS 4: what’s new, notable, and what needs work (Ars Technica)