I’ve noticed that while following people on Twitter that there are a few reasons why people partake:
- Document your life story – “This is what I’m doing at this exact moment and I just wanted to tell you.”
- Link sharing – “Here’s this sweet link I found and I wanted to share it with all my Twitter peoples.”
- Business communication – “Here’s an update to some of my businesses products and services. Check us out!”
- Most followers – “It’s my personal goal to get as many followers as possible.” This is usually done through RT’s (retweets) and there are numerous strategies on how to get RT’ed.
- Share blog updates – I follow some blog through Twitter. Also, when I’m not posting this will also be posted on Twitter automatically.
- Curiosity – “What’s this whole Twitter thing about?”
- Networking – Twitter is definitely a different community if compared to Facebook, MySpace, and LinkedIn.
- Documenting events – This is one of my favorites. Instead of documenting your life, you’re documenting some sort of event. Instead of having live TV coverage you have individuals updating via Twitter. This is often done with the hash tag (#).
I personally like Twitter for sharing a few links here and there and to see what’s going on in the internets. There are many different tools to use for Twitter (maybe this will be a different post) that make it easier to follow and post.
Keep on Tweeting 🙂