Note: Since the original post the price has dropped from NextWorth.
Now that the iPhone 3GS is coming out this Friday (June 19th) and AT&T has declared some outrageous prices (especially for current AT&T customers) and you need a way to make some quick cash to buy the new model… here is a solution, if you currently have an iPhone 3G. You can sell it $280 $221.75 to a company called NextWorth. It should also be noted that they buy other devices besides iPhones.
The criteria for the $280 $221.75 is as follows:
- Condition: Light Wear
- My iPhone is fully functional: YES
- My iPhone is engraved: NO
- The headphone jack is working: YES
- Accessories included: Docking station, Earbuds, AC Adapter, and USB/Firewire Cable
- The accesorries only give you an additional $5.50. I would keep them and use them with the 3GS or sell them elsewhere.
The steps that you need to follow are:
- Find your product (in this case an iPhone 3G)
- Print the prepaid shipping label
- Pack and ship your item (using the prepaid label of course)
- Upon receiving the item NextWorth will assess the condition and compare it to your claim
- If everything goes ok, you’ll receive payment (there are multiple choices for payment)
I haven’t actualy used the service (yet) but am thinking about it if I wish to upgrade to the new iPhone.
Some other place to sell your iPhone 3G are:
gazelle is very similar to NextWorth in that you select the product your wish to sell, select the condition of your product, send it away, and get cash. For the iPhone 3G gazelle is looking at the following criteria:
- Makes calls successfully: YES
- Free of water damage: YES
- Rate the overall condition: GOOD (comparable to NextWorth’s “Light Wear”)
- I have: AC Adapter, Original Manuals, and Original Cable
Price result: $190
And the winner is NextWorth (until the prices change again)…